Twitter Feed

Twitter

12.13.2006

A rose by any other name....

John and I thought we had a unique name when we named our daughter Addison. Now we seem to hear the name everywhere. Nine days after Addy was born another baby named Addyson was delivered at the same hospital. A four year old standing behind us in line to see Santa was named Addison. I think we are asked once a week if we named her after the doctor on Greys Anatomy (we have never seen the show).



Now having said that, we rarely seem to address her by her given name. I have a "thing" for giving nicknames. My siblings are Pugsley/Pixie/Butthead. My dogs Baby Girl/Fat Boy/Old Man. My friends Puff/Adonis...you get the picture. I seem to have a name for every occasion for Addy i.e. Sweetpea, Baby Girl, Crusty Face, Fussbudget, etc. Her daddy affectionatly calls her Sweet-Sweet. I'm sure over the years we will come up with more nicknames, but for now she is our Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a sweetheart she is....

Anonymous said...

Lol, if you never call her by her name how will she ever know it. LOL.