Twitter Feed

Twitter

9.28.2008

Mommy Sleep


I spend most of the year working the graveyard shift from 9pm till 7am. Recently Addison has figured out that if I am away from her during the day I am sleeping. When I drop her of with PaPa she announces "Mommy sleep" and reminds him that I am sleeping periodically through the day. When she is with Daddy on Sundays while I sleep she repeatedly asks him "Mommy sleep?" If she wants me she knows to go looking for me in the bedroom. So cute and a little sad.

My friend Tanya works a lot of night shifts with me. When her tween daughter was little she drew a portrait of the family:Dad, brothers, and the artist all standing together with Tanya asleep in bed in the background. Makes you want to cry.

A newer co-worker of mine has been working a lot of graveyard shifts lately. Her 2 year old daughter asked her last week if she had moved out of their home. Makes you want to quit your job.

No comments: