Twitter Feed

Twitter

8.06.2010

My Fair Baby

We went to opening night of the Larimer County Fair tonight. Compared to the fair I grew up going to it is tiny but, on the up side, less crowded.

The first thing on Addy's agenda was to ride a pony. She was thrilled with her steed Daisy. Ever since her ride she has been asking us for a pony of her own.

"(sigh) I wish I had a real pony at home."
" I would love a pony."
"I wish Daisy could come home with me."

And so it begins, 15 years of her begging for a horse like I did to my parents. It has come full circle. For now she is somewhat satisfied with the fact that ponies have to live on a farm and we don't live on a farm.

The petting zoo was neat. I have never seen a camel in a petting zoo before and Addy got to pet a Cracker Jack (llama for those of you not in the know!)

Addy kicked butt at the fishing carnival game.
She won a little mouse that she named Teddy Bear.

When I was reviewing the pictures I took at the fair I had to laugh at these three. They were captivated by a red balloon floating away.

Okay how awesome is this goat!?

Addy checking out a picture of herself. A third place winning picture of herself!

Cool train

We finished the night with fireworks. Addy was entertaining everyone around us by exclaiming "that is so humiliating" at all the fireworks she liked. She has no idea what that word means but she says it clearly and with gusto.

Check out more fair stuff here.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Love all the photos. They are so humilitating. (What kind of goat was that? Very weird.)