Twitter Feed

Twitter

9.25.2010

We Need A Plan

I have discovered that my daughter needs a plan of action for everything.
Every morning she asks two questions.

Where is Daddy?
So, what are we doing today?

When she takes a bath she has to know each step. When she can play and when she is getting her hair washed and when she is getting out. She wants an exact time, even though she cannot tell time, of when she will have to endure the dreaded washing of the hair. And she will repeat what you said to make sure she has the information correct and so she will know if you deviate from the plan.

She also frequently asks what time it is. When you tell her the time she will ask what that means. Uh, it means it is time for Mommy to hit her head against the wall. Following that Mommy will take some Advil.

Mostly cute, sometimes annoying. For instance, we went for a walk yesterday evening. As soon as we set out...

8:01 pm
Where are we going?
We are just going to walk around.

8:03 pm
When are we going back home?
After we go for a walk.

8:05 pm
Can we go home now?
No. Relax and enjoy the walk.

8:08 pm
Are we going home now?
No. Do not ask me again.

8:11 pm
(siiiiiigh) I really wish we could go home.

8:13 pm
Are we on our way home?
No.

8:16 pm
I wish I could see my house again.

8:21 pm
I miss my home.

8:26 pm
Are we going home?
sigh

8:29 pm
We are home! There is our home!



I am more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type. Time is flexible to me and I don't like planning things to the 'nth degree. She must get this from her dad!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Heehee. She's channeling her inner Gary. I remember those days like it was yesterday. Oh wait, it WAS yesterday.