Twitter Feed

Twitter

10.22.2010

A Conversation With Addy

Addy: Mom can we look for the Lion King movie this weekend? It's lost.
Me: Sure
Addy: Mom, what is the red thing on Scar's ear?
Me: Um, I don't know. Is it a scar?
Addy: No, I think it is an earwig.
Me: What's an earwig?
Addy: You know, it's that little thing that goes in an ear and it makes a loud squeaking noise. Like PopPop has.
Me: (laughing uncontrollably)
Addy: You know a couple days ago Grandma was holding me on her lap and you were in the shower and PopPop's thing made a really loud squeaking noise and I cried. But you didn't hear me.
Me: Oh. The earwig is called a hearing aide and it helps PopPop hear.
Addy: Ooooooohhhhh. Can I have one when I grow up?
Me: Absolutely
Addy: Thank you, thank you. You are the best!
Me: Any time.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Can't.stop.laughing. Tell her pop pop will bring her an earwig in November.

Anonymous said...

I love it...how does she pick up on this stuff?.....Pop Pop