Twitter Feed

Twitter

8.20.2006

FO! And Confession

Finished Objects! Addy's red sweater is now part of a set. I finished the hat and booties tonight. Aren't they cute? Although I was right on gauge, the hat looks awfully small to me. I remember that newborns are almost impossibly tiny, but I just can't picture a head this small. Anybody have a baby I could borrow to see if this will fit?

It's confession time. The cute red sweater? The one that took a blue ribbon at the Fair? Pinned.
You might recall that I struggled with this pattern. I frogged and redid and finally just made up my own pattern so I could get it finished. I got it to the fair, on the final day for entries, and as I'm standing in line to submit it, I notice that one of the shoulder seams has pulled loose. Apparently I clipped the wrong thread when I was redoing the sleeve, yet again, at 1 in the morning. So did I admit defeat and slink away? Not.On.Your.Life. I walked up to the sign-in table, took one of the safety pins they were using to attach the tags, and pinned that sucker shut. And apparently did a good job of it since nobody noticed. Think they'll repossess my ribbon now that the truth is out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute outfit!
I love the safety pin story. Whatever it takes for a last minute fix. The best part is that they didn't notice. YEA!