Twitter Feed

Twitter

6.03.2010

The Actress

Apparently Addy has become known as The Actress among her teachers at preschool. She usually has a story ready for them when she arrives. Today she was in good spirits and excited to go to school but as soon as we walked into the classroom she slumped over and put on her best sad face so the teachers would ask her what was wrong. She immediately responded with " I have a headache." The teachers responded with "there's the actress." ( I responded with an eye roll and a "good luck with her" as I left the building.)

On the way to school Addy was explaining to me what she was going to tell her teachers today. She was going to tell them that she had a hitting problem. Her hitting problem is me. Okay, so here is the back story. Mornings are becoming a battle of the wills between Addy and I and yesterday she received a, umm, motivational smack on the butt. Addy promptly turned on me and said "why would you do that?!" and attempted to fake a few tears (no luck). It definitely hurt me more then her. As soon as Grandpa arrived she ratted me out and was going to do it again today with her teachers. She may have for all I know but I explained to her that being obstinate and getting in trouble are not things to go bragging about.

I recently caught Addy practicing her sad faces in the mirror in the bathroom. I only hope someday she is a famous actress and takes care of me in opulent luxury in my old age.

2 comments:

Wenona said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing hysterically. She's a riot!

Elisa said...

So funny. She's going to be a handful when she gets to the teen years!